::: T H E . C O C O N U T S . T H A T . M A D E . G O D :::



This was the very first film I made after my arrival in Mumbai 2008. The story of how this project got evolved is an interesting one.


During the lunch time at the office where I had been working, I was discussing the idea for another short film (Sapnon Se Bhare Naina). In comes in interrupting us, our friend Kailash. He has a reputation of being overly irritating and he can be a very irritating person.


So he interrupted us by asking whether we were planning something interesting and I randomly replied that we were planning to shoot a short film with him. Hearing this he got really excited and he asked me what the story was. Believe it or not, at that very moment, I came up with the idea for the film, that we could have a man selling coconuts on beach and talking about himself. Similar is his trait as he loves to talk.


That night, I got excited thinking about the idea and couldn't sleep. I sat up near midnight and wrote the entire script in one go.


It was shot twice, as the first time, I wasn't happy with Kailash's performance. I told him to learn the entire script by heart, word to word, mistake to mistake and told him that the next time, he has to just talk about himself as naturally as he can.


And the end product came out awesome!!!

Comments