::: N O . O N E . K I L L E D . J E S S I C A - AV :::



I cut this during the shoot! Just a feeler!

What a great learning experience this film was. I won't hesitate in saying that I learned a lot more while working on this film then in my masters course of fiction film production. We had a great team, our director Raj and DOP Anay were so clear in their thoughts and executions. At times anxiety would creep in me, I would wonder whether I'd able to think deep as guys were thinking. There were many times when these two had different ideas which did not gel together but somehow they managed. At times, the ambience on set was less then desirable but once the film ended, once would have realised that it was for the sake of the film.

Creative difference will arise every single time but what is of importance is how to compromise without losing that visual that you have in your mind and how you go about recreating it on film. Anay sir is an FTII graduate in Cinematography and Raj sir had directed Aamir and worked on Black Friday before this film. Both had tremendous amounts of experience and clarity in their minds, different as it might have been at times, they knew what they wanted to do was for the best for the shot, for scene and for the film.

I used to observe Anay sir as much as I could. I have always been interested in cinematography. Watching Anay sir and bugging his assistant Anuj, I used to find myself wondering what they were doing. It would only be just before the shot was setup that I would realise what they were doing. I remember for a court room scene, Anay had used green gels on some lights. I had earlier read somewhere the normal tube lights have a green tinge on film. So instantly, it came to my mind that Anay was giving the other lights a green tinge too so that later in post when color correction would be done, there would no discrepancies. Now I know this must be a basic for cinematographer but for me it was just sheer brilliance. I realised how deeply a filmmaker or a DOP must think for the sake of the film. This is just one instance  and there were many many more.

The time I spent with Raj sir also taught me a lot. A lot about filmmaking but even more importantly how to be  humble. At no point in time, Raj acted like a man with any sort of superiority complex. He was always down to earth and more importantly very balanced in his thoughts in respect to everything, from dealing with people to problems.

The other members of the team, Amar, Abhishek, Hanish, Prerna, Archis and Ashish, they all taught me things in one way or the other. The best thing that happened for me in this film was the friends that I've made. They are all very decent human beings. And No One can Kill that!!!

Comments